Is the grass greener on the other side?

Just came back from a 10 day vacation from Sydney. Before going there, I though Sydney is a boring city, and boy was I wrong. Everything, except the sun (high UV rays) seems much better over there!

Some things I have noticed:

People are warm and friendly, not that I particularly enjoyed it, as some days I just want to be left alone and be unfriendly.
The food produce are mostly or all produce in Australia and are fresh (no salt, no added sugar, no preservatives).
The country is big on protecting their environment.
The weather feels good except for summer.
The graphics design are good everywhere, even the handwritten typeface in shops looks good.
Since all shops except for eateries and supermarket closes at 5pm, the people have only a few options after work, go home, eat out or stay for work (which I doubt so, unless they have lots of work). They may even spend the time at home on their craft, building furniture, making jewelries etc. Damn! I want to be able to extend my creativity on handicrafts too.

I am seriously considering to migrate there! It is not wrong to seek a better life, right?
I know I sound idealistic. But let me just say how I think. I may not be able to find a job as a graphic designer in Australia, even that their local designers have much better standards. Will I be able to accept a different job or a job that pays lowly?

Is the grass greener on the other side, in this case?
Should I dismiss these thoughts and just be contented with where I am, never venturing out?

Comments

Popular Posts