On guinea pigs versus rabbits

To me, guinea pigs are high maintenance! Mainly because they poo a lot. I meant A LOT. And to deal with a fleece cage liner that is 1 or 2 week old, is a stinky and messy business. To clean the fleece, one has to shake off whatever fur, hay or poo on it, and then throw it into the washing machine, then hang to dry.And some hay still stick to the fleece and therefore dirty the washing machine.

They are not toilet trained which made it worse, because it means they will poo everywhere, which translates to me having to wash not just the fleece, but the toilet, the tiles etc.

Should I switch to having pet rabbits? A few of my neighbours have pet rabbit and from what I know, the poo are filtered in the cage and they are toilet trained. After stroking my neighbour pet rabbit, I have taken a bit more liking for them.

I am googling is rabbits makes for a better pet! LOL. I think both has pros and cons. I think what would help in my current situation is to keep only a pair. I would want to keep the girls but John likes the boys!

I am praying somehow one day my gps are litter trained.

Comments

Popular Posts